There are two sides to hospitality: the guest and the host. And, although every person who works in hospitality will tell you that the guest is of the utmost importance, there’s something to be said for recognizing a great host. This is an area where I admittedly fall short. Unless I’m going to a housewarming party, I often forget to bring a token of gratitude to my host/hostess. So, I did a little digging to give myself some inspiration. All that’s left now is to be invited to a lovely soirée. **hint hint**
- I received a set of cloth napkins from my parents last Christmas and have been obsessed ever since. They’re a great addition to a tablescape AND are good for the environment. Win-win! I love theses striped ones from Anthropologie.
- Succulents are certainly the “it” plant right now, but why wouldn’t they be? They’re gorgeous and require very little work, so they’re safe even in a black thumb’s hand. You can find these at Home Depot.
- How about some local honey for your host? It’s a sweet (pun intended) gift that can be medicinal if your host happens to suffer from seasonal allergies. And you must include this adorable honey dipper from Crate & Barrel.
- This Williams-Sononma apron just speaks to me. It says, “I belong to a bona fide chef. I am classic. I belong in your kitchen.” Any hostess will love this gem.
- It is my opinion that you can never have too many kitchen accessories, which includes those for the bar. I love this Small Talk Corkscrew, also from Crate & Barrel.
- In keeping with the beverage theme, why not give your host some fun paper straws? You can find these in literally any color and almost any pattern imaginable!
- And, one of my personal favorites: Rifle Paper Co.’s Royal Cocktail Coaster Set. They feature Bloody Mary herself, as well as a Pink Lady, White Russian, and Brandy Alexander. Genius!Nourish and Be Nourished::