Y’all, it’s November and it FINALLY feels like fall here in Florida!! Much to the dismay of my tank tops and flip flops, I am officially in long sleeves, light scarves, and boots. Praises rising! Now, I wouldn’t normally post on a Friday afternoon, but because I’m in such a joyous, autumnal mood, I thought I’d share some of my favorite November memory-makers with you.
1. If you don’t have the pleasure of living somewhere with Publix Supermarkets, please do yourself a favor and become familiar with their holiday commercials. They’re tear jerkers. Every single one of ’em. Start with these adorable Thanksgiving pilgrim salt and pepper shakers. Precious.
2. Hopefully, if you don’t live in the land of Publix, you at least live in the land of Trader Joe’s. I, unfortunately, no longer do, but I have some beautiful friends who so kindly send me treats from time to time. This year, I’m all but obsessed with the Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte mix.
3. No November is complete without Honey Crisp Apples! (Are you starting to see the food theme I have going?) I’m normally a green Granny Smith girl all the way, but there’s just something out a Honey Crisp on a crisp fall day that I just can’t deny!
4. Annnd, here’s where I redeem my food-lovin’ self: The Annual Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot!! Here in Orlando, we run 5k through downtown on Thanksgiving morning. Some of us dress as Indians, others Pilgrims, still others as good ol’ Turkeys. It’s my MOST favorite 5k because it always involves family and the promise of a feast to come! You should ceratainly look for one in your city.
5. Finally, there’s the Harvest Yankee Candle. I’d like to think that this is what heaven smells like: “a blend of cinnamon, cloves, and a musk with a hint of sweet apples and pumpkin.” You’ve got to be kidding if you don’t think that’s divine!
So, there ya have it. Some of my favorite favs for this time of year!