Please don’t misunderstand, I’m sure your Mama makes a wonderful fruit salad, but this is simply a different story. Simply put, I LOVE fruit. Like, really love fruit. If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be ripe strawberries. And while fruit is super good for you, it simply doesn’t contain all of the nutrients you need to survive. Therefore, I present to you my take on fruit salad!
What You’ll Need::
- Hearty greens. Think spring mix, kale, baby spinach
- FRUIT! Really, whatever your heart desires. This particular mix includes:
- Straberries (duh)
- Granny Smith Apples
- Nuts. My favorites are pecans and almonds
- Your dressing of choice. Oil based will be MUCH better than cream based.
- And, if you’re feeling really crazy, a soft cheese like:
What To Do::
- Chop it all up
- Mix it all together
Easy, peasy, right? This salad is nutritious, delicious, and filling! So, make your lunch or dinner just a little bit healthier today. You belly will be glad you did!
Nourish and Be Nourished::