Let me tell you all that last week Adam and I were simply thrilled that our wedding was featured on Style Me Pretty! Actually, thrilled might be an understatement. It literally made my Friday, which is a pretty big deal considering it was the Friday before a three-day weekend.
Thanks to incredible photos submitted by our friend and photographer Brandon Chesbro, our wedding has been shared with a whole lot of people, and a number of those people have some questions about what we wore on that special, special day.
So, I thought I’d answer said people and share a few money-saving tips for your big day!
What She Wore::
- My Gown: It took me about 20 minutes to find the perfect gown. I knew this Watters Gobi dress was THE one the second I tried it on! I added lace to the entire neckline and waistline to make it my very own and couldn’t be happier with the end result. (Note: this was DEFINITELY the splurge of the group)
- My Necklace: I definitely don’t fit your traditional mold when it comes to bridal accessories. I fell in love with the color of this Anthropologie turquoise necklace ($48) and knew it was perfect when I tried it on with my dress.
- My earrings: Another Anthropologie ($58) find, I am simply obsessed with these beauties. Made from gold-plated brass, these earrings are lightweight and super wearable!
- My shoes: Once again, I went non-traditional and purchased purpley/gray suede pumps from Nine West Mind you, I paid a fraction of the price at DSW ($30). They felt like butter on my feet and were the perfect compliment to my seafoam green pedicure.
- The Bridesmaids’ Dress: Because I didn’t want my lady wolf pack spending an arm and a leg on a bridesmaid dress that was likely to be poorly made, I sent them to Banana Republic ($50). Again, I had the dresses customized to our wedding by adding lace that matched mine to the sash on their dress. It turn out beautiful if you ask me!
What He Wore::
- The Groom’s Suit: We got this Banana Republic suit during one of their frequent sales and couldn’t be happier with the way it tied together Adam’s whole ensemble. We ended up getting both the jacket and pants for almost 50% off, so keep an eye out for their online deals!
- The Groom & Groomsmen’s Shirt: Another steal during a J. Crew sale ($27), this shirt helped define the entire color scheme of our wedding!
- The Groom & Groomsmen’s Tie: The guys’ denim ties were only $15 at TheTieBar.com and look like uber in-style chambray.
- The Groom & Groomsmen’s Shoes: I’m super picky when it comes to men’s dress shoes, so I was pleasantly surprised to find these great cognac derby shoes at Urban Outfitters ($60). They kept the gents sharp from head-to-toe!
- Groomsmen’s Pants: In an effort to keep the guys from breaking the bank on their attire for the day, we bought pants for them at Express on sale for just $40 each.
Made With Love::
The following items were all made by yours truly for my big day! It was really special for me to be able to incorporate handmade items not only for myself, but for my bridesmaids as well.
- My Veil: Handmade by moi, I wore a birdcage veil for the ceremony only and decided to go “topless” so to speak for the reception. ;)
- My Poppy Hair Clips: These were also handmade by me. Secured by bobby pins, they lasted the entire night on the dance floor without budging!
- Bridesmaid’s Necklaces: Also handmade, I wanted my bridesmaids to have jewelry that coordinated with mine that was also personalized. Made with gold chain, findings, and clasps, I added gold charms with each of their initials to the turquoise center stone.
So, there you have it, our wedding party head-to-toe! And, while a number of the exact items we were are now sold out, I sure do hope you’ve been inspired to think outside the bridal box and save some money by being yourself on your wedding day!
Nourish and Be Nourished::