Alright, I’ll admit that I’m not giving away any cookies today, but I am sharing the most delicious recipe for grain- and dairy-FREE cookies! These things are the absolute jam and I have my sweet friend Tiana to thank for sharing the recipe she found from Elena’s Pantry. Who knew cookies could be so deceiving; disguising themselves as sweet creations that are full of flour, butter, eggs, and refined sugar. But, alas, these puppies contain none of the above but will make your mouth water just the same!
Below is the recipe as I’ve adapted it from Elena’s version. Do yourself a favor and, please, try these cookies. Then, make a batch for your friends and see if they notice any difference between your version and traditional chocolate chip treats. I’ll let you pinch me if they do!
What You’ll Need::
- 4 cups almond flour meal
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or you could use good ol’ fashioned unsalted butter at the same proportion)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
What To Do::
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Combine almond flour/meal, salt, and baking soda in a food processor or VitaMix. You’ll notice it gets sticky with just a little pulsing.
- In a standing mixer, combine coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract.
- In small batches, add the flour mixture until it’s all a nice cookie batter texture
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Hand roll dough making cookie slightly bigger than a golf ball and press them onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes and allow them to cool for 15 before handling.
- Enjoy these fluffy, chewy delights!