Here’s another delicious, healthy recipe that can be added to your home-cooked-goodness arsenal. Prep time is quick and easy and this meal will leave your house smelling delicious. I found this recipe here last week after Cara’s Paleo post, so this is a great meal for those of you who may also be eating like nomads! My version is below.
What You’ll Need::
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, cut into eighths
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
What to Do::
- Preheat oven to 400
- Rub spices on both sides of the chicken breast. Rub under the skin for extra flavor
- Heat oil in an oven-safe skillet on medium-high heat.
- Brown breasts, about a minute on each side. Remove from heat.
- Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and place rinds in the skillet
- Place rosemary sprigs around chicken
- Pour broth over chicken
- Place entire skillet in the oven for 30-40 min or until juices run clear
I served this chicken with a salad, fresh semolina bread, and olive oil dipping sauce for a healthy, hearty dinner. Enjoy!