They say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Well, that’s not entirely true when it comes to my man, BUT I am fairly certain I sealed the deal with Adam when I made one dish in particular: white chicken chili. This stuff might just be his favorite. I made a batch in October and, BAM, engagement ring in November! ;)
Mrs. Judy Weaver, Adam’s sweet mama (and my soon-to-be mother in law!), was kind enough to entrust her recipe to me and even more kind to let me share it here! This chili is unlike any I’ve tasted before and will surely make its way into my permanent cold-weather-meal repertoire. Take a taste for yourself!
What You’ll Need::
- 2 lbs cooked & shredded chicken (Mrs. Weaver suggests buying it pre-shredded from your local BBQ joint. Genius!)
- 6 cans white navy beans
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 8 oz monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- Garnishes: salsa, sour cream, diced green onions, cilantro, remaining cheese.
What to Do::
- Mix all ingredients, except chicken, cheese, & garnishes. Do NOT drain the beans
- Simmer approx. 50 minutes
- Add chicken and 1/2 of the cheese
- Simmer until chicken is warm, stirring often
- Serve with garnishes and tortilla chips.