There are few things I enjoy more in life than good food. Just ask my dear friend Melissa Soto. She’s my ultimate partner in crime when it comes to chowing down on a tasty meal. Seeing that I love to eat, I’ve also developed a love of cooking. Now, I don’t tend to go the extravagant, gourmet route like some talented cooks I know (ahem…Mijanne), rather, I enjoy making simple dishes that can be enjoyed without slaving over the stove all day.
So, the other night, I decided to make a quick dinner for my boyfriend Adam and I. He had a long day at work and I had somewhere to be later in the evening, so simplicity was key. I originally documented the prep process of our main dish: a feta, olive and basil stuffed chicken, but the pasta salad stole the show!
Based on the chicken I was making, I decided that a Greek inspired side dish would be best. So, I hit the grocery store with the Mediterranean on my mind. I had a box of bowtie pasta in the pantry, so I spent my time in the produce section stocking up on red onion, cucumber, red peppers and kalmata olives. When I got to Adam’s, I cooked the pasta, chopped the produce, tossed it all together with some olive oil and spices and, in a matter of minutes, we were enjoying a fresh, flavorful Greek pasta salad!
I wanted to share this recipe because it was incredibly easy and super tasty!
What You’ll Need:
- Pasta of choice
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 3/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- dried oregano to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the box instructions
- Rinse the pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process and transfer to a large bowl
- Toss the cooled pasta in the extra virgin olive oil
- Mix in the remaining ingredients