I love to craft. I love to DIY. I love re-fashioning, re-creating and re-purposing, so that’s where we’ll start today. If you’ve never been the crafty type, but have wanted to test your skills, “upcycling” is a great place to start! This upcycled picture frame project is honestly as easy as they come, but the result is fun and fresh!
What You’ll Need:
- Old picture frame
- Spray Paint
- Painters Tape
- Tape off any areas of the frame you don’t wish to be painted. Use the paper to cover any large areas, such as the glass.
- Follow the instructions on your spray paint can and shake, shake, shake!
- Place the frame on the cardboard in a well-ventilated area. I went outside to enjoy the sunshine!
- Again, follow the instructions on your spray paint can and apply a light, even coat to the areas you wish to paint
- Patiently (really patiently) allow the first coat to dry for 2-3 hours.
- Apply a second, even coat of paint to your frame.
- Patiently allow the second coat to dry for 2-3 hours.
- Remove all tape.
- Print your favorite photo to place in the frame and voila!