Our apologies for being SUCH slackers the last few days! Mijanne and I both took impromptu trips out of state, Reagan’s busy getting everything ready for baby and Cara is just kicking butt training for our triathlon that’s this Sunday (yikes!).
Whether you’re ready or not, summer is here!…at least in Orlando. The temperatures have been climbing and the humidity has made its heaviness known. As I prepare for all of the joys summer has to offer, I have taken note of a few beauty essentials I can’t live without in this blessed season. For me, summer is all about being carefree and sunkissed. So, take a look at some of my must-haves and do tell if there’s anything I’m missing!
- Aveeno Sunscreen for Faces- SPF 30+ $8: You can never have too much sunscreen on your face. Who wants skin cancer and wrinkles? Not me! Aveeno won’t clog your pores or leave you smelling like a piña colada for days.
- Sally Hansen Insta Dry Nail Polish in Sonic Bloom $4: This is the perfect color for summer! It’s bright, fun and is the perfect compliment to a tan. The best part is that it truly dries instantly!
- Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray $23: I canNOT live without this product! Whether you’re going for that wave tousled look or just wanting to soak up some summer sweat, Surf Spray is a summer hair life saver. It gives you hair amazing texture while fighting off humidity.
- Lucas’s Pawpaw Ointment $11: Hailing from Australia, this natural, all purpose salve is made of fermented papaya and can be used in myriad ways. I love it as lip balm but it can soothe any irritated skin.
- Maui Babe Browning Lotion $14: This is a treat from paradise. Made exclusively on the island of Maui, this tan enhancing lotion is made with all sorts of yummy, natural ingredients including Kona coffee and Kukui nut oil! This stuff will give you a serious bronze, but be sure to layer protective sunscreen before application to ward off too many harmful rays.
- Alba Kona Coffee After-sun Lotion $10: Another product utilizing the antioxidant effects of Kona coffee, this lotion is nothing short of luxurious if you find yourself a little crispy after a day in the sun.