I have to admit that I’m a little apprehensive about sharing my super secret recipe for “holy guacamole”. Yes, it truly is divine. But, if I’m being honest, I can’t help but spread the love…and this recipe is actually an adaptation of my dear friend Summer’s from years ago, so it’s not really my secret to keep. Right?
Please enjoy, I promise you won’t regret it!
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened (this is the secret ingredient!)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped (it’s super easy to use pre-chopped/packaged produce)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, minced (with or without seeds depending on how spicy you want it)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Peel and dice avocados (reserving 1 pit) then place in mixing bowl with all other ingredients.
- Mix with a potato masher and fork to achieve desired consistency.
- Add additional spices to taste
- Keep reserved pit in bowl to avoid browning
- Serve and enjoy!
And, just for fun, I have to share a text I got from my boyfriend Adam today. This is his lunch order at a Mexican restaurant, written by a Mexican server. Someone’s got the arcade on the mind! After all, who doesn’t like a good burrito with a side of “Whack-a-mole”!?